Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby Its Cold Outside...

Well, its official. We woke up to our first snowfall. I know most folks around these parts cringe when they see it. Not me.


There is somethin' so peaceful about a blanket of snow coverin' everythin'. Even the pumpkins enjoyed it.


Although my lil' tin feller looks like he could have used a pair of long johns this mornin'. Brrrr...





Okay, let's get back to my Christmas cookie recipes.


This here recipe was my daddy's favorite! I remember mamma could barely get them off the cookie sheet without him scoopin' up a handful.


Even though daddy is no longer with us, I still bake them every Christmas. I'm sure he can smell me bakin' them all the way up in Heaven. :> )

They are rather tedious to make, but well worth it. Try them for yourself and see...


DADDY'S FAVORITE CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES

1 1/2 C ~ Flour
1/2 C ~ Unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp ~ Baking powder
1/4 tsp ~ Baking soda
1/2 C ~ Softened butter
1 C ~ Sugar
1 ~ Egg
1 1/2 tsp ~ Vanilla
Jar of Maraschino cherries

Frosting
1 C ~ Semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C ~ Sweetened condensed milk
4 tsp ~ Maraschino cherry liquid



Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and powder.
Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Shape into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press in the center with your finger.
Drain maraschino cherries and reserve the liquid. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie. (I prefer to cut the cherries in half and use half a cherry instead of a whole one)

In a small saucepan combine and melt chocolate chips, condensed milk and cherry liquid.
Frost each cookie. (They are frosted BEFORE y'all bake them)
Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. (9 works perfectly for me!)
Serves: Never enough!

1 comment:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

What a wonderful treat for these eyes! I am so pea green with envy that you have had snow! Will make this recipe.And BTW, you Daddy did a good job with you.
Blessings
Blondie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...