Wednesday, November 14, 2007

'Tis The Season For...

BAKIN'!!! I don't know about y'all, but I could live on cookies, pies and baked goods from Thanksgivin' straight on through to New Years Day!!


Although I can't eat them like I used to, I'm still able to enjoy the look on everyone's face when they bite into one of my tasty treats!


I'll be makin' an out of this world fudge pie for Thanksgivin'. I thought I would share some of my all time favorite recipes with ya. This here one is my hubby's favorite.


Enjoy and happy bakin'!

SWEETHEART FUDGE PIE
1 unbaked deep pie shell
1/4 C ~ Softened butter
3/4 C ~ Packed brown sugar
3 ~ Eggs
12 oz pkg. of semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
2 tsp ~ Instant coffee granules
1/4 tsp ~ Vanilla
1 C ~ Coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 C ~ Flour

TOPPING
1 C ~ Heavy cream
2 Tbsp ~ Sugar
3 Tbsp ~ Chopped maraschino cherries

Line pie shell with double thickness tin foil and bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove.

Cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs (one at a time) beating well after each. Add instant coffee, melted chocolate and vanilla. Stir in flour then add walnuts. Pour into pie crust.


Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes. cool completely.


Beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks. Fold in cherries and spread over pie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...