Friday, December 14, 2007

Count Your Blessings...

(Instead of sheep) Ya know, that's one of my favorite Christmas songs that ya generally don't hear on the radio. Instead, "Saaaaaaaaaaanta Claus Is Comin' To Town" by Bruce Springsteen is played every other song. Would someone please give that feller a Sucrets or swab his throat with some honey. I feel the need to cough every time I hear it. Sorry Springsteen fans. (No tomato throwin' please)


I remember mamma always playin' the Ray Conniff Singers "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" album as a kid. The gal on the cover is in that fitted/mini Santa suit. Gee, I wonder how the ol' gal is lookin' right about now? I bet she keeps that skirt down to her ankles.


I was thrilled when I recently found it on CD. It threw me right back to my childhood.


Irving Berlin's lyrics were simple but meaningful:



When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessing instead of sheep
And I fall asleep, counting my blessings.


When my bankroll is gettin' small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep, counting my blessings.


I think about a nursery
And I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them
As they slumber in their beds.


So if you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.




No matter how tough the times may be for ya, remember to always count your blessins'.
:> )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...