Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's Almost 2008...

Whew! Soon, another year will have come and gone. Man, the older I get the faster the years go by, don't they?


I'm not one for resolutions come the first of January. Sayin' things like "I will do this or I must do that!" Heck, I don't like to put that much pressure on myself. Besides, my nose would grow like Pinocchio if I said my New Year's resolution was to be completely neat and organized. Sure that would be great but there are some goals too far out of my reach. I love spendin' half my day lookin' for somethin' I misplaced because I didn't put it back in its correct spot. Really, I don't mind. :> )

I came cross some great quotes I thought I'd share with y'all.



"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential." ~Ellen Goodman



"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas." ~Author Unknown



"Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go." ~Brooks Atkinson



"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us." ~Hal Borland



"Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever." ~Mark Twain



"Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits." ~Author Unknown


Photobucket



If y'all are headin' out this New Year's Eve; have fun and be safe. And as my daddy used to say, "Don't take any wooden nickels." :> )
See ya in 2008 folks! God bless...

2 comments:

Chickadee Primitives said...

I love this blog!

Hope your New Year is as wonderful as you are!

xo

Annie

LoveThePrimLook said...

Happy New Year Peanut !!!!

Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...