Saturday, January 15, 2011

Looking For Some Comfort Food...

to get rid of those January blahs??

We all know chocolate cures whatever ails ya, so here's a delicious and easy chocolate pie recipe.
You ready???

OLD FASHIONED HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE PIE

1 1/4 C - Sugar
1/2 C - Four
1/4 C - Cocoa
pinch of salt
4 - Egg yolks
2 C - Milk
1/4 C -Butter
1 tsp - Vanilla
1 - 9" Frozen Pastry Shell

Photobucket

Bake pastry crust as directed until golden brown, set aside.

Next, combine first 4 ingreds. in a sauce pan.

Photobucket

Combine milk and egg yolks then add to mixture.
Add butter.

Photobucket

Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.

Photobucket

Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spoon into pastry shell.

That's it!
You can make a meringue for the top of the pie using the egg whites but I prefer some homemade whipped cream.

Uh-oh...
Sweet Niniveh got a whiff of my chocolate pie. Looks like I'm gonna have to dollie arm wrestle her for this one. I think I can take her. Wish me luck.

Photobucket

Enjoy and be happy!
I sure am.
:> )

1 comment:

Susan said...

This looks so good and your pictorial progression is fabulous. My question is...how do you stay so slim and consume such goodies? Inquiring minds want to know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...