Thursday, January 20, 2011

Say What...



I heard that a CNN host apologized for his guest after he used the expression "in the crosshairs." He also stated, "We're trying to get away from using that kind of language."


What the?? I don't know what planet Mr. John King is livin' on, but where I come from we don't take every spoken word literally.


For example... I can't count how many times I've said aloud, "I'm going to kill him." Referring of course to my hubs after walking into the bathroom and finding whiskers he just trimmed off his face all over the sink I scrubbed down 20 minutes prior.


Or "I'm gonna kill her." Referring to Hannah (our mini Doxie), after finding my half eaten mitten tucked in her dog bed.
You'll be happy to know I didn't let the air out of either one of them. Both are alive and well with no visible scars.


"I'm going to brain you!"
Ahhhh.... yes. Growing up, I remember occasionally hearing those words from my mama's mouth. Especially when I did something I wasn't supposed to do. Did I really think she was going to remove my brain and replace it with another?? It's a possibility. But I never did see her in a white lab coat. Suffice it to say, my noggin was safe. Although I could have sworn I smelled Formaldehyde on her.


It's obvious the media and Washington DC think we Americans are too ignorant to distinguish between literal and figurative speech.


So what's next?? Will they ban Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour cartoons because of all the "violent rhetoric?"
How ridiculous. I couldn't lift that Acme anvil even if I wanted to.



:> )

2 comments:

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Well hello there old friend.....I don't mean you're old....I mean we've been friends.....Oh never mind...speech police and all!! LOL!!

How are you!!! I sure miss you and your wise words of knowledge!! Ain't this the truth.....I love the idea-er that we (conservatives) can say nothing correct....and they (the nut jobs) can say anything they please about us!! :O) Cr-aaaa-zeeee!!

Thanks for the chuckle my dear!! Now....I really should go curl up and dye.....my roots are showing!! :O)
Stace

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

haven't we become so politically correct..its sickening really..its like you really have to think about what you are saying without trying to offend someone..funny you talk about the cartoons.I was watching Tom and Jerry at the doctors office yesterday and Tom fell into a Vat of cider..he came out sauced..then he swallowed a bottle of his mammys bay rum and was again sauced...now do you think that our kids should be watching that? the little girl sitting with me asked if it was "apple cider"?..nope..there were a lot of cartoons that were more adult related then we realized as kids..and they are still playing them today..but lets not say the word crosshairs..or we might offend someone..and can you believe that they are blaming limbaugh and palin for what happened in arizona..and I am amazed at how many people that are drinking that koolaid and actually believe it..OHMYGOSH...what idiots.;) okay I am off my soap box now..;) have a great friday.;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...