Sunday, August 26, 2012

I witnessed something yesterday, nothing short of a "miracle!"

As I was outside feeding the birds, I heard a faint sound far away in the distance. I shrugged it off thinking I was hearing things!

But the "sound" kept getting closer and closer. Louder and louder.
Could it be???!!! Heck no!! It can't be!!! We live way out in the sticks on a country road, it's not possible!!

Then it got so loud I could have sworn it was coming from the trail behind our home! I ran out into the road to make sure my ears weren't deceiving me.
THEY WEREN'T!!!!

Photobucket

It was a Mr. Softee ice cream truck!! Out here in the country!! I haven't heard that music in over 12 years!!
I was giddy with excitement!! But unfortunately a half hour prior, I had a giant bowl of ice cream. So I just waved "hello" to the gal driver as she drove by.

After seeing that, I smiled all day knowing little (and big) country kids could experience the fun of an ice cream truck.

I remember when we moved here. I joked how our precious Hannah would sit and look out the window with 75 cents on the window sill waiting for Mr. Softee to drive by to get a Nutty Buddy. But he never drove by.

Photobucket

If she was still here with us, I would have treated her to one.


So maybe my use of the word "miracle" was a little strong.
Nah!!
((giggle))



Happy Sunday!



6 comments:

Cindi said...

Oh how fun. I don't live in the country but live in a small town and we never had an ice cream truck here. I used to love it when we would go to Milwaukee to visit my cousins and would hear their truck coming up the road...all those running, screaming laughing kids! No wonder no one ever got hurt! Good memories.
Be blessed,
Cindi

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

we hear ours all summer long..but they don't come on our street.but the street behind us..I remember hearing it as a kid about a mile away and we would rush to get money from my dad and then proceed to stand in the road almost the middle of the road..so you know they wouldn't miss us..oh the impatience that we didn't have and swearing that they were going to just drive by us...we used to scream at the top of our lungs: I scream you scream..we all scream for icecream.;)what fun memories.;)our dog that is in heaven now..he used to know the icecream truck too..and he would get a cone or something.0)

Susan said...

I've never lived in an area where there was an ice cream truck. I've seen them on the movies...does that count?

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

No ice cream truck ever, Peachy?! Say it isn't so!
Maybe it's a northern thing. Too hot in the south.
Kinda like how we don't have Moon Pies. Never had one. Might I add, I would thumb wrestle for one if I had the chance.
Cindi and Gina know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the excitement of hearing that truck!! Back in the day, the song that blared was "The Entertainer." :> )

Primitive Stars said...

Hi, to funny, you crack me up, in the best way. Loved to hear that noise as a kid,running outside just awaiting for the truck to come into view, ice cream, oh ya. Love the picture of the dog looking out the window, so so cute, Blessings Francine.

Michelle said...

I have been thinking so much about you friend!! Miss you so much! Life has been hectic with kids and vacation and back to school and and and.... Hope you are well! xoxoxoxo
Tinkers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...