Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"The difference between try...

and triumph is a little umph."
~Unknown
(Maybe it was this ant)

Photobucket

"The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves."
~Garth Henrichs

"The view is better when it is earned."
~Unknown

Photobucket

"All the so-called "secrets of success" will not work unless you do."
~Unknown

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all."
~Sam Ewing

Photobucket

"Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat."
~Ann Landers

Photobucket

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
~Thomas Edison

Photobucket

"Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."
~Sidney J. Phillips

"God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest."
~J.G. Holland

Photobucket

"If you feel you are down on your luck, check the level of your effort."
~Robert Brault

I was in need of a swift kick in the *ss little motivation today.

Happy Tuesday!




4 comments:

Susan said...

I thought maybe you were getting peeved at all the slackers in the world today. I know I am. Sleeves these days don't get rolled up cause there is an I-Berry in one hand and a certificate of whininess in the other. Why don't they get it? Don't hate the winner...BE the winner.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Technology and the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality is making us mediocre and under achievers. :> (

I love your "Don't hate the winner, be the winner" comment. ♥

Susan said...

thank you, I do have my moments!

Susan said...

thank you, I do have my moments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...