Tuesday, August 6, 2013

When you live in an 1800's farmhouse...

you lose some of the simple luxuries we take for granted.
Like for example... a doorbell.

So I bought a wrought iron bell and hung it by the front door. Good idea, right?
Aesthetically pleasing and quite practical.
Not one person has ever used it in 13 years.

Okay. That didn't work.

Then I bought a wireless doorbell. But the manufacturer "forgot" to mention in the directions, the thing can go off for no reason, at any time.
Day or night!
Talk about giving someone a heart attack!! They should throw in a defibrillator with each purchase.

Needless to say, the wireless doorbell was removed.

Then when I saw sweet Pammie of
Goldie Loo Woodworks
made the sign I was hoping praying she would make, I just about did a back flip!

 photo sign1_zps81dfec58.jpg

It's perfect!
I can't wait until I hear my first "Ding Dong."
((giggle))

Pammie makes awesome signs!! Be sure to stop by her Goldie Loo Woodworks selling site.

 photo f9ae3060-51ed-479e-9ab2-66f6502bd69d_zps2bbb31fc.jpg

Of course the whole time I was on the porch hanging the sign, I had my very own nosy, four legged Gladys Kravitz watching me.

 photo sign3_zpsa4dac693.jpg

 photo Gladys-Kravitz-nosy-neighbor-peeking-window2_zps059ec3cf.jpg

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!

:> )

14 comments:

tattered 'n torn prims said...

ding dong!! Yoooo hooooo!! Anyone home? :O)

Judi Hunziker said...

Every job needs a supervisor don't ya know!

Penny said...

I always get a chuckle from your posts! This is great.... and your reference to Gladys Kravitz made me LOL!!
Have a great day!

Peri said...

We have sort of the same issue...except it is doors themselves: our entry way has 3 doors and we have had to put signs at two of them saying "Please go to door with mat in front of it". They still get it wrong.
Glad there was a sign for you....hope she has a sign for us!!

Gayle said...

Too cute!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So like the sign ~ wonderful idea!!!
"Ding-Dong"
Glad you shared the link!
What a cute supervisor!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

How perfect Karin, love the sign....so sweet that Stella Kravits, tee hee, Francine.

Feng Shui said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alison said...

I'm sure I saw that sign on Pinterest too. Isn't it a hoot. I would have thought your four legged doorbells (alarms?) were enough.

Ali

bettyj said...

Good post. I don't have a doorbell either! Like the sign.

Susan said...

I'm sorry, but I just assumed that people had been saying Ding-Dong to you for years. Learn something every day...:)

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

DING DONG! DING DONG! lol I put this saying up on my single brothers front door, I think I enjoy it more than he does. ~Thanks for the "plug" Peanut. It looks so cute on your lovely home. LOVE LOVE LOVE Stella AKA Glady's. Hugs~~Pam

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Pammie, your signs rock!!
Ali, it depends on where my four legged alarms are in this old farmhouse.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I'm waiting for Stella to ask to borrow some sugar. ((hee-hee))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...