Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I was going to keep this to myself, but...

I don't want to see other families go through what mine had to this past weekend.
I know there is and will always be intentional evil in this world. But when it hits close to home, it takes on a whole new meaning.

My beautiful niece and nephew in law were married on Saturday. It was truly a picture perfect day.
Little did we know evil intentions were to take place at their reception.

A "couple" (alleged thieves) dressed for the wedding reception arrived. Their intent was to steal the wedding cards. Period. As you well know, wedding cards are filled with cash for the new bride and groom.

As the DJ announced the wedding party, this "couple" or as I like to refer to them as POS grabbed what they could out of the wedding card box and left.
Not only did they get the money my sweet hubs and I gave, but the money from many other generous family members, too. This happened to another couple who were also married on Saturday but their reception was at a different location. Obviously these POS know what they're doing.
Thankfully, they are on video surveillance and the police are involved. Please pray and/or send positive thoughts that these criminals are caught.

I do not want to see this happen to another young couple celebrating their new beginning together with family and friends.

So PLEASE... if you have a grandchild, child or even you yourself are getting married be sure your gift/money box table is in the banquet area next to the bridal party table or somewhere very visible.
Also have a trusted family member or close friend be in charge of making sure that table and box are secure at all times.
Finally make sure whatever businesses hired, whether it be your videographer, photographer, cake maker whatever... Insist these businesses do not post on their Facebook page your name, the date of your wedding and the reception venue.
(Unfortunately, not all reception venues have security cameras)
As much as the businesses want to advertise and you want to share the big day with everyone, intentional evil pieces of sh*t lurks around us. Preying on good, unsuspecting people.

Like I said, I don't want to see this happen to another couple.








8 comments:

Unknown said...

Karin, I'm so sorry to hear this. These people were definitely POS. It's a shame to have your niece's beautiful day spoiled. I'm praying that the people are caught.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thank you, Phyllis. I still can believe that happened!! I feel so bad for them!! :> (

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Oh my! I had never heard of this happening before and can't believe someone would be so mean to ruin their special day. Hope they are caught soon. So sad for you neice.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

We had never heard of this happening either. Now their cherished, sacred wedding day is ruined and the theft will always be remembered. :> (
They got away with A LOT of cash. There were some checks, too. So now the people who wrote checks have to stop payment on those checks (a fee is involved) and write them another one. Nothing but a big headache for family and friends.

Carol Roll said...

Horrible, i bet they'll be caught. Disgusting sorry it happened on such a day. Just Horrible.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

We all hope so Jinxie!

Maureen said...

Karin, I'm afraid this is a more common occurrence than we want to believe. My son and DIL were married last year the the owner of place warned them of just such a thing and told them to assign a trusted relative to guard the envelopes.
I hope you all can put this behind you and just focus on the beauty of their day. God'll get those thieves!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thank goodness, their venue owner gave them a heads up. Now that my niece's story is in the local news, couples soon to be married have a heads up, too. Which was why I decided to post about it.
Their wedding ceremony at the church was absolutely beautiful! It would never be ruined. ♥
Yes, eventually the thieves will get theirs. But I'd like to be around to see it when it happens. ;> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...