Sunday, August 7, 2016

It's a done deal...

 photo dining1_zpsuzzzcvag.jpg

I finally decided to let go of my antique oak church pew that's been in my family for many, many years.
Yesterday I listed it on Craigslist. I received an email soon after listing it.
Huh??!! What??!! Already??!! I don't think I'm ready yet!!
I broke out into a cold sweat but knew it's time to let go.

We set up a time for this morning. The sweetest young couple and their little boy arrived at the ol' Countryfolk homestead. Needless to say they loved it! My heart was filled with joy seeing this young family take an interest in old things. Now days you don't see that very often.

He loved my American flag walls. Even mentioned he'd like to paint it in their place. I in turn mentioned our feature story in Country Sampler and told him I gave the instructions on how to do it in that issue.

We then loaded the church pew on their pick up truck and off they went. They left satisfied and so was I. I did the right thing. Preserving history by passing it on to others who also share the passion.

Now here's the funny part...

My sweet hubs was beyond ecstatic! He's been begging me to thin out my collection and I have... ever so slowly.

Here he is reacting to all the room we now have in our little dining room.
He said "It echos in here now!"
He cracks me up.

 photo dining3_zpsvgw19vzo.jpg

Ummm. I don't think Vanna has anything to worry about. ((giggle))

 photo dining2_zpslvrfm0hf.jpg

 photo dining4_zpsvg6bsmye.jpg

 photo dining5_zps1bqnkt9j.jpg

 photo dining6_zpsawktxmic.jpg

After they left, I had to take Finnjamin the Amphibian's advice and smile.

I did.


Happy Sunday, all.

:> )












2 comments:

tj said...

...The added space looks great altho' I did love the old church pew. I know what you mean tho', I need to thin out some of our antiques here especially in our living room. It's hard but hey, if you can do it - so can I! ;o)

...And I dunno Miss Peanut, hubs could give Vanna a run for her money. He seems to have it all down pat! lol... :o)

...Happy Monday!

...Peace & blessings.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

TJ I have to admit, I really love the room now more so than having the church pew there. It was beautiful. But nothing more than a gigantic, decorative dust bunny.
I have a few more pieces I plan on letting go. But I made sure I did the hardest one first.
It's not as bad as I thought it would be.
No seller's remorse... yet. ;> )
Maybe my sweet hubs could get a part-time gig over at Wheel of Fortune!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...