Wednesday, April 19, 2017

"Rainy Days and Wednesdays always gets me...

to move furniture all around."

Wait a minute. That's not how the song goes.

Anyway, that's just what I've been doing this rainy Wednesday afternoon.

 photo keeprm_zpsubfce8ez.jpg

So I've got one wing back chair here in the keeping room and the other one in the living room with the plaid settee and sofa.

I'm still not convinced on a new sofa as much as my sweet hubs is. It is not necessary.

I just need to figure out a way to make the sofa we have more comfortable for him.
Maybe I need to throw some throw pillows at him to him and make it more cushy soft. ((giggle))

Stella doesn't care where she lays her precious little head. As long as she's not far from me.

I can hear her sing...

 photo keeprm1_zpsq6unhok2.jpg

"Funny, but it seems I always wind up here with you. Nice to know somebody loves me."



Happy Hump Day, all.

P.S.
Enjoy nature.
Go jump in a puddle.

:> )






6 comments:

Judi Hunziker said...

You need to rename your blog to "Blog of a Bored Housewife"! You must have at least a thousand pictures of your little farm house by now, each one with your furniture in different places. I can just imagine your husband saying to himself while at work, "oh dear it is raining out, I wonder what surprises I will find when I get home, LOL

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hee hee!!! Judi, he never knows what to expect when he walks through the door! Heck, I never know what to expect on a daily basis. My wheels are always turning! ((giggle))

marly said...

Oh, that floor! I love the wall and trim color. I think the new sofa will fit right in with a quilt or coverlet thrown over.

Since my husband retired, my solo days of rearranging and unintended construction are over. I so miss them.

Judi Hunziker said...

He is very lucky that you know what you are doing (most of the time, your words not mine)). Can you imagine being married to someone with your energy who does not have good taste at all. You both compliment each other quite well. Unlike Mark and I where I come up with the ideas and he does most of the work, :).

Unknown said...

Karin, I wish I had your energy! Rainy days make me want to read or nap.
I think that cushions are a good idea. They might make the sofa more comfy for your husband.
Stella is just the sweetest thing. My Indy was a snuggler also. That makes the most uncomfortable sofa feel wonderful!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, ladies! Marly, I LOVE those gorgeous old pine floorboards, too! I refinished this room last spring. I need to do the other side. But I only use a belt sander and it's a lot of work. Ugh.I'm getting too old. Every winter when we discuss covering these drafty floorboards I just can't being myself to do it.
Judi, I come up with the ideas and do the work. But usually dragging my sweet hubs kicking and screaming into it! ((hee hee))
Phyllis, I loaded up the sofa with throw pillows and he adjusted them to his liking. I may have solved the problem. Woo hoo!!
Stella has to be pressed up against me whenever she sleeps. Man, how I love her so. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...