Thursday, May 11, 2017

Fifty Shades Of...

WHITE! Actually, there's more than that.

Man, I cannot believe how many shades of white interior paint there are. It's truly mind boggling!

 photo whites_zpszg0qkky9.jpg

As I mentioned I am turning our spare bedroom into my studio. I am determined to paint the walls (Benjamin Moore) Edgecomb Gray. I've been hanging onto that paint sample for well over a year and by gum I want that color on the walls somewhere.

The name is deceiving because it doesn't look gray. At least it doesn't look gray to me. It's a beautiful neutral which I'm really diggin' these days.



So next, I need a trim color. I want to stick with a white. Well... a bundle of color chips and 45 minutes (standing in the paint store like a dope) later, I have decided on "White Dove." At least that is the color for the time being. ((giggle))



I know white is tricky. A lot depends on your natural light and/or artificial light. Then there's the undertones. Is it green? Yellow? Pink? Blue?? Do I want a warm white? A bright white? A cool white?? C'mon man! I can barely decide on a lipstick color! Don't do this to me for cripe's sake!!

How about giving a choice of say... Five.
Five is a good number. You can count them all on one hand as you hold the color chips in the other. Perfect.
But no, that would be too easy. Instead there's Chantilly Lace, Simply White, Pure White, Cloud White, Super White, Cotton Balls, Frostine, Navajo White, Baby's Breath, Chalk White, Oyster... and that is just one paint company.

Ooooh, wouldn't it be fun to have the job of making up names for paint colors?? I could have a lot of fun with that! ((hee hee))

Well, that's it for today. Not sure when I'll get around to getting the paint and then painting the room but at least I've got half the battle done.

Happy Thursday, all!

P.S.
We have sunshine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:> )

6:11pm UPDATE: Already changed my mind. I may do the reverse. Lighter walls. Darker trim. I painted our keeping room that way and love the look.

 photo kr1_zpsm5zxu4ww.jpg











2 comments:

marly said...

Finally. Someone who is as picky about the white ecrus, ecru whites, pale neutrals, gray blue pink green yellow cast ivories, as I am. Drives me nuts. Been stuck in neutral for a few years because I see pink! I see green! My husband sees red.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

It's insanity, Marly!! I always thought white wall paint was white wall paint. Heck no!
I tend to lean towards warmer whites which have a lot of yellow.But I'm trying to break free!! :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...