Saturday, June 3, 2017

Well hello there, handsome...

 photo pantryshaker1_zpsje7fjipc.jpg

I took Betsy out for a spin and decided to stop at a garage sale. So glad I did, too.

Found this big, old shaker box and a wonderful penciled/signed portrait of you know who!!!

 photo pantryshaker2_zpsdqfzauxa.jpg

When I mentioned he was my favorite president to the woman who cashed me out, she excitedly asked me if I've ever been to Washington's home in Mount Vernon, Virginia. Sadly, I told her no. But it's on my "Bucket List."

Her eyes lit up when she told me when she visited there, she ran her hand down the banister knowing George and Martha did the same so long ago. It warmed my heart so to hear the passion in her voice about American history. I totally get how she felt. A true kindred spirit.

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning.

:> )










2 comments:

marly said...

I'm surprised George was offered and not kept!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Marly~ I'm pretty sure the woman who cashed me out was a helper at the sale. I'm also pretty sure the owner of the home having the sale was a dealer by the stuff I saw. Man, I would have bought more but I don't think they'd take Monopoly money. :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...